Monday, September 10, 2012

Me & My Gang | A Peek "Under The Sea" {K's 5th Mermaid Party}


I wanted to share a few of the details of K's 5th birthday with you.

She adores princess Ariel and The Little Mermaid.

I do believe the classic 1989 tale still lives in every little girl's heart.

We opted for a less commercialized party with a few hints of Ariel here and there.

Here's a look-see...


Natural colors of sea and sand were chosen to mimic salty surroundings like that of a mermaid.

The invitation was created in Photoshop using shapes and text with a 5x7 frame.


Simple baby's breath was displayed in mason jars with tinted water and tied with jute. 
(2 drops of blue and 1 drop of green and dilute until desired color is achieved)

Glass pieces to mimic water droplets were scattered here and there to embellish, along with a starfish or two.


Ordinary lunch bags were used as the lunch "box" laced with white doilies and a seahorse downloaded from the web with the name as an added detail.

Petite white beach pail style buckets were used to present the take home favor for each child embellished by the same seahorse, also tied with jute.


The dessert table was clouded by tissue paper poms and stars made from brown paper bags

The lunch table was draped with a pennant banner made with scrapbook paper and held in place with dowel rods placed in sanded vases.


Then there was CAKE!

If I haven't told you already, I have a little obsession with cake.  I love it!

I'm privileged to be friends with a VERY talented cake artist and baker.  She not only can make a cake present beautifully, but this cake was the best cake I've EVER put in my mouth.  No kidding, other than my sweet K, the cake was the highlight of the party.


I took more photos of the cake, simply because it was captivating.  So gorgeous!

We knew we wanted the trending ombre ruffle cake, one of my favorite inspirations from Pinterest. 


We sent her a photo of a few that had inspired us and she knocked it out of the park.

Thank you Missy!  You truly are an amazing baker and cake artist!!!



Now for the fun stuff!!!  

Kenzie had lunch with her friends which consisted of pizza, fruit and "sea foam" as their drink (lemonade tinted sea blue with food coloring...we didn't get a photo...boo!). 



Then the spotlight moment arrived.  She smiled with a hint of shyness as "Happy Birthday" echoed through the room and she blew out the 5 little white candles to celebrate this very special milestone.

Have I mentioned I'm smitten with her?


Sweet precious friends and family brought Kenzie some very special gifts and each took a turn and a special moment with K for her birthday.


Then, the moment all the kids had waited for...the WATER PARTY!!!

Kenzie wore here most favorite Ariel swimsuit!


It was so much fun to fellowship with friends and family that are so dear to our hearts and share this special time together, all for my baby girl, Kenzie.

We are truly a blessed people!


I can't express the gratitude in words that so many people love my sweet K and they came to spend the day with us.

Thank you God for blessing me with this little girl.  She is beyond a shadow of a doubt a beauty designed by You.  She teaches me so much every day and I love her with a love that surpasses anything I could have ever imagined.

I end this by saying it makes me sick to my stomach that things moved so fast that there isn't one single photo of Kenzie with me, her Dad or Ethan.  
*overly exaggerated sad face*



I hope you enjoyed Kenzie's special day...Under The Sea!

Blessings,
Anna

Vendors Used:
Anna & Co. - invitation; paper embellishments; party styling
Party City - favor candy; napkins, forks & cups
Joanne's - starfish
Import Flowers - baby's breath
Dollar Tree - water drops; beach pail buckets, tinted glass saucer for candle
Tractor Supply - burlap/jute
Sysco - tissue paper poms
Allison Barlar Photography - special thanks for filling the gap when I couldn't be behind the lens.
Local Vendor - ombre ruffle cake {contact me via email for contact information}

3 comments:

  1. You know I have the little mermaid painted on my bathroom front door. I so so love her and the complete theme you created here is so amazing and beautiful.

    I'm truly inspired by you and hope you dont mind if I use your ideas here and there for me :)


    A superb party you have created. Congrats!!!1



    A new follower

    Love
    Tanuja

    http://tanujasethi.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TaNuja, thank you so much for following along. I love to hear from readers. Absolutely you can recreate anything you see here. The only reason I share is not to bring glory to me or anything I do, but hoping others will see something that inspires them and let them know that it's really easy to do and for little or no cost. I'm inspired by so many blogs that share how they do their projects and I want to share as well if I think it's something that another can use for their home or little ones. Thanks again for taking the time to comment.
      Blessings,
      Anna

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...